Thursday, March 24, 2011

no place in mind, we shall arrive

Today, one of my professors said to a large group of seniors and freshman, "Don't worry about where you're going, because you don't even know." I thought to myself, wow, that's really inspirational. Then I thought, wait a minute. That scares the SHIT out of me. So I dont know where i am going. But that's okay. Because, with no where in mind, we shall arrive. and look up Joey Ryan because he is great. I'm convicted that from my small corner of the world I should shamelessly promote singer songwriters that deserve the spotlight. 

i left you to your own devices with failures weighing on your mind.
like a seed denied the water needed, you're wilted now, all but defeated.
worry not you told me, but i've seen unfold this story. 
strong and steady be your will, leaves your battered body cold and still. 
and i know, you know you need me now. my hand is soft and strong held out for yours to grasp it firm and scream you'll never let it go.
up the asphalt, back in time, no place in mind, we shall arrive.
its better to be on your way than sit and stay and melt away.
and i know, you know you need me now. 
my hand is soft and strong held out for yours to grasp it firm and scream that you'll never let it go. 
listen, i know you know that all along you're scared to hit the end head on.
 so place your weary hand in mine and don't you ever let it go.
cause even as your path may wind, keep me always on your mind.
open ward your heart to me, be not the door that has no key. 
make it good your chance at life, no where in mind, we shall arrive.
-Joey Ryan, We Shall Arrive
To the next person that asks, this is my public proclamation and warning, "What are you doing after graduation?" you WILL be slapped. so just, don't ask. i get very cranky almost instantaneously at such questions. and i might respond with, "i'm sorry, did you plan to be overweight and working at the student health center that is a complete joke of a medical facility at Alabama when you were 22? oh, you didn't? so, how the hell should I know?" thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment