Sunday, February 27, 2011

5 hours, 23 minutes, 56 seconds

My predictions for who will win and who should/who I want to win. There are differences here.
Best Actor- Colin Firth hands down, most amazing male lead actor role of the year. Absolutely amazing performance. James Franco would be my second choice. I really enjoyed 127 Hours and he is just plain beautiful. It would be nice to see a young actor win, but Colin Firth will most certainly be taking this one home and it's well deserved.
Best Actress- Natalie Portman is my prediction of the winner. I think she did a great job and I won't be disappointed if she wins. However, I thought the dance scenes were cheated due to her lack of rich dance experience. I'd love to see Nicole Kidman win just because I really, really, really loved her in Rabbit Hole (see my previous post).
Supporting Actress- Melissa Leo, no contest. She was simply incredible in The Fighter and deserves this by a landslide. Hailee Steinfield would be my back-up choice for a fifteen year old whose first film got her an Oscar nomination. I was disappointed to see Julianne Moore overlooked this year, I loved her in The Kids Are All Right and thought she was deserving of a nomination for either supporting or best. Too bad. I was also disappointed to see Mila Kunis without a nomination. Goodbye Jackie, hello hot, vivacious, talented ballerina.
Supporting Actor- Christian Bale. Another category where The Fighter blows all other competition out of the water. Second to Bale would be Geoffery Rush in The King's Speech or John Hawkes in Winter's Bone. Bale really impressed me and made The Fighter what it was.
Best Direction- David Fincher but close second preference would be Darron Aronofsky for Black Swan. My gut tells me this will be one of two categories that The Social Network has in the bag.
Cinematography- I'd kill to see Inception take this one home, but most likely we will see King's Speech or Black Swan.
Adapted Screenplay- Social Network
Original Screenplay- King's Speech
Best Picture- The King's Speech. This is what I want to win and what I think will win. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Black Swan win. But, if I had to say my favorite movie on the list, not going to lie, I think it was The Kids Are All Right.
I was disappointed in Winter's Bone and Blue Valentine.
True Grit was really fantastic. It will be sad to see it get overlooked, but other movies just overshadowed the Coen brothers this year.
All the other categories, I will predict but since I haven't seen all the nominees, I can't form a really solid opinion.
Animated- Toy Story 3 (of course)
Art Direction- King's Speech
Costume Design- The Tempest
Documentary- Inside Job
Film Editing- Fighter
Foreign Language- Biutful
Original Score- Social Network
Original Song- Toy Story

No comments:

Post a Comment