Thursday, February 3, 2011

rediscovery is a beautiful thing

Come out, no use in hiding.
Not room for both, just room for me. 
So you will lay your arms down. 
Yes I will call this home. 
Away, away 
You have been banished 
Your land is gone 
And given me 
What's this you say ?
You feel the right to remain? 
Then stay and I will bury you.
Here's the hitch 
Your horse is leaving 
Don't miss your boat 
It's leaving now 
And as you go I will spread my wings 
Yes I will call this home 
I have no time to justify to you 
Fool you're blind, move aside for me 
All I can say to you my new neighbor 
Is you must move on or I will bury you 
Now as I rest my feet by this fire 
Those hands once warmed here 
I have retired them 
I can breathe my own air 
I can sleep more soundly 
Upon these poor souls 
I'll build heaven and call it home 
'Cause you're all dead now 
I live with my justice 
I live with my greedy need 
I live with no mercy 
I live with my frenzied feeding 
I live with my hatred 
I live with my jealousy 
I live with the notion 
That I don't need anyone but me 
Don't drink the water 
There's blood in the water


things i LOVE: when you hear a song for the first time even though you've heard it a million times before. this happened with Don't Drink The Water at some point two weeks ago or so and I've just now had time to blog about it. It's words are still applicable and there are few things I love more than being lulled by Dave right before trying to fall asleep. This song in particular has always had a certain darkness to it, but the words finally fell into place. I'm obsessed. And this version in particular is exceptional. In light of the blog's facelift, I just really felt I had to post today. I had several scenes of TV shows or movies in mind, but youtube came up short on everything and I was frustrated. What's the deal with that? Is youtube shutting down a lot of videos? Well, they are deleting all the good ones. WTF. So I dug up this draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment