Sunday, May 29, 2011

the drifter and the gypsy

I can't wait to quench my wanderlust thirst and breathe European air in just a matter of hours. to hear the buzz of languages you don't speak behind you, to people watch, to walk by rows of duty free items, to panic that Delta lost your luggage AGAIN, to use the weird blanket that barely counts of a blanket at all, to walk all over til your feet are about to fall off, to being lost, to learning, to questioning, to reading, to eating like a queen and drinking like i weigh 250 pounds, to meeting people that have the potential to change my life. i am so ready for ALL of it.



The train is almost here
This decision seems so clear
I can feel the habit cutting like a knife
In the end I know that it is gonna drive right into me

Cause I’m a drifter and I know that doesn’t do me any good
Moving on from place to place, never staying where I should

I left him just to leave
No I left him cause he needed me...

Cause I’m a gypsy and I know that doesn’t do me any good
Moving on from place to place, stealing hearts just cause I could

-The Drifter and the Gypsy, Rosi Golan

So maybe I am a drifter and a gypsy. But I am ME. (Woah, Ashlee Simpson just got a shout out by accident. oops.) Traveling, exploring is exactly what I want to do. I love running. I am running for the thrill of it. but you know what? i am also dream chasing. in order to chase your dreams you have to start somewhere. you have to take a step. I get to run away from some big bull shit that's been going on here AND take a leap of faith that could turn out to cut down on the ambiguity of the next few years. Both. Running AWAY and running TO. Oh hey, what i am about to be doing, walking on a dream. and I'm just in awe of what's in front of me. how could you not be?

Walking on a dream
How can I explain?
Talking to myself
Will I see again?
We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it
Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it
On and on and on we are calling out and out again
Never looking down 
I'm just in awe of what's in front of me
Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime
Don't stop just keep going on...

-Walking on a Dream, Empire of the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment