Monday, January 30, 2012

i chose this.

Tell me this is not how you feel on Mondays. And this "stranger's nightmare" is what I chose for myself. And sometimes its wonderful and sometimes, it's totally not. I have had this song on repeat. I love the song itself more than the lyrics, but there are a few lines I can't help but feel the hair stand up on my neck as I think, "oh yeah that's actually about right..." and the video some kids made could not have been more of a pleasant surprise. A new day is around the corner. And thank goodness for that!



You shut me up with your long tubesocks
                                          They don't scream, "Hey, let's just be friends" 
Look at both my inkwells brimming 
How many stars you think you possess?
How many in your butterfly net? 
Build me a star in your forehead.
Don't let the bathwater get too high 
You will be a flood of porcelain...
And we're going to flood this house
This is me starring In a stranger's nightmare
-Freelance Whale, Starring


No comments:

Post a Comment