Sunday, November 14, 2010

thanks for nothing python/rattlesnake stilettos

as i am sitting here bitching about my wrist hurting, kicking myself for letting something happen to my RIGHT hand in the first place (like Johnny Tremain) I decide to watch TV. 

Reasons why I love Discovery Health:
5. It's better than almost all the other crap on TV
4. I actually learn things like that hundreds of years ago there was a boy born with two heads who lived til he was four and died from a snake bite. And it stretches my mind, because i can't imagine being in these situations.
3. I see amazing people that save lives, undergo such hardships, are truly brilliant (I cant imagine passing chemistry much less doing brain surgery, so I really cannot imagine being the chief of neurosurgery at UCLA that performs a parasite twin operation) 
2. I am reminded of how blessed I am.
But most importantly, 
It forces me to shut up and be thankful.

So, take an hour or two out of your day to watch Discovery Health.
For more information on Manar- who inspired this particular post- go here: Manar video and here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment